Welcome to our website. This opening page features the most up-to-date information about the ‘goings on’ at the Gallery. It is what we think are the most important thing(s) that you need know about us and might include information on new events, artists, projects and world wide pandemics. We also have Facebook and Instagram pages for the little things, but this website is where it’s at.
If you would like to receive the occasional email apprising you of upcoming events, exhibitions and the like please subscribe using the box below. Your contact information will never be shared knowingly and you can unsubscribe whenever you chose.
The Print Exhibition
Tom The Tomato Plant
New book available at Gallery
Watch here for details
Edson Photography Club
Winter 2021 Print Exhibition
COVID-19 and The Heart of Edson Update
At the present time (August 7) all restrictions regarding COVID-19 have been removed and as of August 16th, more measures will be removed including isolation rules if you have COVID. Does this mean things are back to the pre-COVID normal? Certainly not. We will continue to live in a world where this virus, along with others, are present and are potential risks to our health and well being. Our goal with this post is not to judge or act as public health officials but relate how we feel we can help keep ourselves and all of our visitors and our families safe and healthy:
- indoor mask wearing is no longer mandatory but might not be a bad idea under certain circumstance
- our point of sale system supports ‘tap’ technology for almost touchless payment – we will continue to sanitize the touch screen if you need to enter PIN
- please respect the personal spaces of fellow Gallery visitors (and staff) and understand that everyone has their own comfort zones
- we will continue to have hand sanitizer available at the entrance and on the service desk for your use – it is a good idea to sanitize as you come into the Gallery as there are a lot of items that just have to be picked up to appreciate. If you do enjoy some of the art works in a physical way, not a bad idea to sanitize as you leave also.
‘As Mr. Spock said: “Insufficient facts always invite danger.” but he is better known for “Live long and Prosper” so let’s do what’s logical and get on with things.
COVID-19 and The Heart of Edson
Yesterday (December 8th) saw another announcement of measures implemented by the government to help curb the rising number of cases of COVID-19 in our province. As a retail space, we will remain open during this time and will continue to promote and enforce measures that are both mandatory and common sense. These are the things you need to know:
- mask wearing is mandatory indoors in public places, please wear yours while you enjoy The Heart of Edson
- please sanitize you hands on entering and at the service desk
- please avoid excessively handling merchandise
- our point of sale system supports ‘tap’ technology for almost touchless payment
- in the event you need to enter a PIN to make payments, it is on an iPad screen which is easily sanitized
- please maintain a respectable physical distance from other patrons and staff during your visit
Thank you for your patronage and supporting a local business and the local arts community.
Alberta COVID-19 ‘Relaunch’ and The Heart of Edson
May 14, 2020 marked the beginning of “Stage 1” of Alberta’s COVID-19 Relaunch Strategy. This group includes museums and art galleries. In response to the lifting of some of the restrictions that have been in place for the last 2 months, The Heart of Edson Gallery and Studio will start opening to the public on Thursday, May 21st. Our hours will be the same as they were before the restrictions came into effect. Prior to the 21st, we will post the measures we are taking to ensure our Gallery meets the standards laid out by the government ensuring the health and safety of everyone.
In the meantime, please have a look around on this website to see what we are all about.
If you have found your way to this site without the help of Instagram or Facebook, you might be interested to know we are giving away a limited edition fine art print by Julian Buchwald. For details on the contest and how to enter click on one of our social media links below.
COVID-19 and the Gallery
In light of current world events, the Gallery will remain closed to the public until further notice. Some might argue that art is an essential part or our lives, but unfortunately it is not worth the public health risks to stay open. On the plus side, it gives me time to work on some photographs and this website. We have several ways to share our artists’ work during this troubling time. Please check the Featured Artist Pages to see who’s got work at the Gallery. Also, if there is something we have that you are interested in, please shoot us an email and we’ll work out a social distancing way of getting it into your hands.
303 – 50 Street
Thursday & Friday: 12noon – 5:30pm
Saturday: 11am – 3pm